Information About Marylhurst Commons
Since the closure of Marylhurst University in the fall of 2018, ownership of the land has returned to its founders, the Sisters of the Holy Names. This page provides information that will be updated throughout the process of determining the future of the property.
The Lake Oswego City Council voted unanimously on Dec. 1, 2020 to approve the Sisters of the Holy Names request to change the zoning for Marylhurst Commons to allow affordable multi-family housing. A link to a recording of the meeting is in the list of links below. The Sisters are continuing to study issues and needs related to a possible future project on the campus that would serve people who work in the Lake Oswego area, but cannot afford to live there.
- View the recording of the Community Meeting, July 29, 2020
- View the recording of the Lake Oswego City Council hearing, Dec. 1, 2020
- Download the Marylhurst Property Fact Sheet
- Submit a comment to the Sisters about your memories, hopes and dreams about Marylhurst
- Find information for former Marylhurst students, alumni, donors and employees